AT FIELD GOODS, EVERY DAY IS EARTH DAY
We believe that doing right by our planet isn’t just about a few large nations and organizations doing a few big things, but rather many people doing many small things.
Think small but do it a lot… make the impossible possible.
our small thoughts
• Get more people eating more fruits and vegetables
• Buy from small sustainable farms
• Buy just what we need each week
• Work with farmers to get the most from the harvest to the table
• Deliver many bags to few places instead of a few bags to many places
• Reuse and reduce packaging
• Buy produce that our farmers grow best
• Offering less of many things is better than a lot of a few things
• Celebrate the diversity of food
• Educate, learn and have fun
• Accept what Mother Nature offers because in the end that is all there is
beets instead of burgers
Oxford University posits that transitioning to a more plant-based diet could reduce food-related greenhouse gas emissions by 29% – 70%, which are reported to cause about 25% of all greenhouse gases.
field goods facts
80 small farms
150 varieties of produce
Each bag is used about 25 times a year
Less than 4% food waste
Customers eliminate about 1 grocery store trip per month
Food miles per bag equals 4 miles
Our customers eat 5 times more produce per week than average
Small is beautiful
Sustainable small farms focus on soil, plant and animal health. They grow produce that supports these principals rather than glittering grocery store shelves. They grow produce that thrives in their soils and climate, which reduces the necessity for chemical pesticides and fertilizers. They grow produce that is nutrient-rich, which means less is more for health. They are adaptable, they care, they work hard and fight the good fight for us every day.